Saturday, September 17, 2011

sipping Ginger tea without tea.

ahh stupid blogspot! I lost all my writing!

               So I have always been a tea person because, well, everyone knows how good it is for you, right? WELL I just learned recently that it stains your teeth terribly! -worst than coffee (reform coffee-holic here) So now I might drink tea or coffee maybe once a week, I tend to make lemon ginger drinks. I feel like I don't need caffeine because it doesn't have much of an effect on me, but the aroma is what gets me. How's your caffeine intake routine and what do you think?


 






















Another outfit to work: Jacob polka dot top, roomate's belt, cypress flats, blazer from HK


since I moved out, all I have been making to eat is salad/ cereal/ toast.
decided to change it up with a grilled cheese sandwich filled with mushroom cucumber and tomato:)


Last night, as my friend and I were about to head out to menchies, we decided to check out this fondue place in Yorkville called "MoRoCo Chocolat", I've been hearing about it for a while now but it exceeded all expectations. The place is absolutely stunning! From the victorian chairs placed so orderly outside (like out of Alice in Wonderland) to the velvety atmosphere inside (straight out of a hip hollywood movie), to the glimmering Macaroons in shiny glass cases, I just fell into heaven! I was ripped between the Malteaser dessert and the fondue.

 I ended up sharing the fondue, but there wasn't a candle to keep the chocolate warm so in half an hour we were kind of dipping our fruits in cold chocolate... but I can't wait to go back and try the rest of the menu! Oh did I mention stars from Degrassi, Vampires diaries, Channing Tatum, Amanada Seyfried have all been spotted there/ autographed the wall with chocolate handprints?

ciao4now
p.s. next post I'm going to share some assignments I've been sewing in school (back to the sweat shop environment haha) and I bought the cutest poncho jacket, can't wait to share with you!

16 comments:

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Worse than coffee?? :/
Yikes!

I LOVE both teas and coffee, not so much for the caffeine (honestly doesn't help much), but because I just love the flavors and aromas ;) But dang, I didn't realize tea was worse than coffee *booo* :(


<3,
Dana

nitika said...

Ohh I love those shoes nd d top!! : )

AquĆ­ said...

oh, I drink waaaayy to much coffee at least two cups a day. Thank goodness for crest white strips :) I love your mustard blazer!

Dagmara said...

Such cute pictures. I love your yellow blazerrr


Dagmara
http://skippedbreakfast.blogspot.com

RDYN! said...

Ohhh is this Nina Dobrev that have been there. You must go more often, your chances with bumping into them seems likely. I want chocolate coated fruits and marshmallows. :9

Despina said...

lovely post.the polka dot skirt is very cute!

ankyl said...

thanks for comment! ;)
nice blog !

Follow ? :)

famfaramfam said...

You have a lovely sort of good looks! The beautiful top and the jacket:)

Ka$h! said...

ahh, i still have the same problem, the coffee problem that is, i am a proclaimed coffe-o-holic! And haha, same here, caffeine doesnt work on me either but a day without coffee is like sleep. hehe! i wrote a really long blog post about coffee once, and occasionally i make 'coffee posts'.. oh dear, i think i need to go to coffee rehab! :P
but i do really love tea too, and it's worse for your teeth?! thats news for me! but coffee once a week?! man... how do you survive?!?
btw i love the effects on the pics,and you look gorgeous! <3 :)
XOXO Kasia
http://misskasia.blogspot.com

DreamYourStyle said...

nice post..love the flats =)
i just subcribed,hope u subcribe back,id love to comment some more..
take care
xx,Bisera

Anaivilo said...

Sewing projects? You speak my language! I am really curious ;) The top you are wearing here is really cute :D

Nettie said...

Pretty flats!!

Maycie After Five said...

Whoa! Didn't think tea stained teeth that bad. Well I love to drink both coffee and tea. Too bad for me.

Nathalie Kartika Putri said...

cute flats and top!

natzcracker

Katarzyna D. said...

wonderful blog and great photos :)

RicAdeMus said...

I get most of my caffeine from lime Coke and chocolate.

I've never been to a fondue place. It looks like fun--and tasty. Thanks for sharing the pics.