Thursday, September 8, 2011

Transition


I've been really slow with replying all your lovely comments lately because..... wait for it.......

I MOVED OUT! to the HEART of Downtown.

It's been crazy, exciting, refreshing and a little lonely.




Danier Leather Jacket, 
Scarf from Japan, 
US shorts, 
Mexx purse

















I had a sad little day today, it started pretty nice as I was breathing in the fresh downtown air (oxymoron, I know, but it's all psychological) and got to school in a snap. Then slowly the tedious classes and the dull drone of drafting and sewing teachers' voices tore down my enthusiasm and seven hours later I was released back into the world.
  As I approach the subway station I realized I couldn't find my TTC token, I'm struggling to balance my muslin, notebook and Markers(huge roll of patterns) in one hand while trying to find my wallet with the other. I ended up having to take my sewing box out of my purse -which dropped and vomited all its shit on the floor. GREAT...
  The walk home greatly contrast the mornings when you're carrying 20 pounds of stuff and sweating in a leather jacket. Then home sweet home right?
No! I sat on one of those high bar chairs at my kitchen and as I checked my voicemail I managed to entangled my bare legs and fell off a 3feet high chair. It was quite a long and hard way down.


Now. Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts. 


I really adore these sexy lace-ups. I spotted them in Cosmopolitan and drooled a little. Are they not the sexiest. I'm not a huge fan of red but these bad boys would be absolutely beautiful with a casual neutral dress.


and with the coat on the right, which I also adore.

Anyone else notice how fast it took for Toronto to mutate from frolicking in next-to-nothing to Coat, scarf and mitts wearing weather?
First time rock climbing, such a cheap, exhilarating sport. Can't wait to go again!

I apologize for the quality of my photos, Just humour me while I take candid photos with my phone.
my friend made fun of my lame non-collage on the wall so I actually changed it up :P
anyone hit CNE? I finally splurged on a Konad Stamping Nail Art set at the CNE.
Harder to do than it looks but super fun
 Finally a couch in the living room, Fabulous wall art stickers sold at the dollar store beside me!
$8 Pillow from Walmart (though, from experience, please make sure your pillow doesn't smell like barf)


This is officially my favourite summer place, Menchies!
Nothing more liberating than building your own frozen yogurt treat. Peach is the best, hands down


How did your summer go? Can you believe it's already September !

ciao4now 


p.s. tomorrow is my first day of training at a new job. I'm finally paid more than minimum because of past experience, I feel like I got promoted in life! even if it's 50 cents..


p.p.s. what do you think of the sheer maxi skirt trench?

29 comments:

Temporary:Secretary said...

You're so pretty, girly!
I'm caving frozen yoghurt now! Yummerz! x

Kumiko Mae said...

hi lovely, thank you for the comment and the visit :D looovely outfit and wow im now craving for fro yo hahahaha i believe so. i am using it on my palm, which i burnt with an iron, so clumsy. and its literally fading. :D im doing a swap, announced it in one of my posts online. but if youre interested let me know. my email is kumikomae@lovingsunshine.com

che said...

Konad is easy once you get use to it. The couch and wall decal you used look great together, moving and decoration is a pain. Menchies is the business, my favorite froyo place hands down, just wish there was once closer in my area.

Yeraldin Morillo said...

hey good picture and post! thanks for your comment dear !
kiss !

http://modefemme.blogspot.com

who the fuck is N.? said...

love your shorts!!!

Silver Strands said...

Yeah- time is really zipping by! Nice to read your post today :)

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness. I am in LOVE with that coat. I must find a replica.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Looove fro yo! That looks so yummy! And yay for finding cute pillows at Wal-Mart! Hehe.

Oh, and those purple nails with the stamps are GORGEOUS. xoxo

aiz kim said...

what a day it must have been....but bad days entails great things are about to come....congratulations on your promotion. You truly deserve it!

Grace said...

Those are such beautiful lace-ups! Beautiful photos!

Have a fab weekend!

xo
http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

Veronica said...

I love your outfit!! very cute with the tights!
Thanks for stopping by!!
~Veronica

Janelle Moran said...

hahaha. honestly, i havent tried froyo... are u a fashion design student? must be soo cool. :D

Cathy said...

Your blog is cool! Love the photos and the dresses.

xo-Cathy
http://inspotlights.blogspot.com

Chloe Mia said...

I love your nails :)

Chloé-M said...

I love your look on the first photo. And the nail polish is amazing !
I like your blog, I follow you. Could you follow me back ? :)
See you soon, xoxo.

It-Blogirls said...

I love the photos , you are so pretty and good luck for your new job

Vale ♥ said...

Great pics ! xxx

Fashion and Cookies

My Twitter

Cindy said...

Unique outfit! I really like it.

Cindy
Style Soufflé

ninasayshello said...

Oh you are so gorgeous! I love the nails! :)

oomph. said...

haha, i'm eating menchies as we speak (write)! love original tart and apple tart the best!

[oomph.]
Blogaversary Giveaway

Laura Amorós said...

I love the red shoes! Love the pics :)
Xxxxx

Leah said...

What school are you going to? I went to The International Academy of Design in Toronto for FD and have had days like that. Keep your head up and enjoy your new place downtown!

xo L.

Antonia said...

Wooow!
The nails are really cute!! Love them!! :)


xoxo
Antonia

FASHION IMPERATIVE

Rilakumaki said...

Congrats about your new job!!!!! Sry about your bad day, though... The nail art's pretty cool! I shud get one of those stampers too..

Moni said...

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW PLACE!!
XX

mirjam schuurkamp said...

Damn your outfit rocks!
my god its crazy and i LOVEIT

New outfitpost - aztec print
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Claire said...

sorry you had such a crapola day. but those red booties are cute! i just got a pair of orange ones and i love 'em to death! good luck with your new job!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I love your living room! The couch and the Eiffel Tower are precious!

SED said...

ugly :( cup is beatiful you :)