Tuesday, July 19, 2011

like the insides of a rose


inspired by a nail blog :P
Here's my vintage (ghetto)sewing machine, that have helped me make the below items:)
Gathered shorts with lace slash pockets (school project, I know it's funny-.-)

I finally had the chance to upload things I've been working on. Sorry I keep advertising my store but if you like the above items, you can purchase them here!


I just returned from one of the most amazing cottage trip at the Blue Mountain! I never knew The blue was right beside wasaga beach! So I got some tanning and serious roasting of marshmallow (on tree branch!) going on. On our drive back, we dropped by an outlet mall where I picked up these $5 sneakers/vans that I doodled on all the way back home :) added acrylic paint for a splash of red.
some pretty amazing photos found on tumblr(below)...
is tumblr taking over blogspot.. :( ? I've been meaning to discuss this topic! I know a lot of ex-blogspot-ers went onto tumblr and it's the "new" thing but I've been hoping it's just a fad, but twitter was the new thing too and now it's clear it's as main stream as facebook. So do we all have to pack our suitcase and move onto the tumblr cyber real estate? Because to be frank it took me FOREVER to get the hang of blogspot, and now I have to learn all over again for tumblr... wow I'm talking like a old geezer who can't adapt. Anyway, would love to hear your opinion !



Ciao4now


Leaving you with the cutest video you'll see in your life!
Made my heart melt and makes me feel like a kid when everything was simple and exciting!

27 comments:

nikki said...

the TEA party dress and the BOW top look great !!!!!!! : )

Mai-Linh Alice Huynh said...

hey dear! thank you so much for teh comment! and wow love your work really good!!!!! love, alice

Silver Strands said...

Wow - you impress me!

Silver Strands said...

Wow - you impress me!

Sunny & Star said...

You are so talented! I love EVERYTHING that you made. I think my favorite is the dress at the top.

RicAdeMus said...

That machine is very cool--and it clearly has a lot of life left in it. You've done some great work with it.

Ooooh, it sounds so nice to be by the water, by a campfire, roasting marshmallows. When I was very young, I discovered if I turned an electric burner on our stove to high, I could touch a marshmallow to it and the thing would catch fire. Then I'd quickly blow it out and eat it. My parents would have fliped if they'd known. I didn't realize it was dangerous, I just knew I couldn't light matches and I wanted a toasted marshmallow. LOL!

che said...

Great job on your creations, best of luck with you store :)

I definitely love BLOGGER! I do have a tumblr but blogger is definitely the better blogging platform, more intimate and personal.

little t said...

You are so creative- love the bandeau!

Emily said...

I absolutely love that tea party dress!

xoxo

Krystal said...

you are so talented, i'm amazing all the time :) i love your sewing machine!

MizzJ said...

Wow that tea party dress is so cool - you are very talented girl! I actually asked that tumblr vs blogger question on twitter myself recently and seems like the difference is how you blog and how you want people to interact with you.

If you want to just do something quick and dirty, then use tumblr, but if you want to write and have comments/interaction with readers, then blogging is the way to go.

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Love the eclectic mix of fabrics & patterns. And oh no, if everyone's moving to tumblr and twitter, I don't know what I'm going to do!

RDYN! said...

I love the dresses in the last tumblr photo.

I love the nail art, I've attempted but it seems I can only ever do my thumb well and everything else is ugly. And I love the latest diy outfits you've made! Why are you so talented?

Julian Tanoto said...

love the tea party dress a looot


Journal J

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Wow you are one talented lady. Not only can you sew but your designs are so out of this world. I am loving that 'lined with satin' dress A LOT.
Going to save it and might purchase as soon as my shopping fast is over.
Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

fhenny said...

your nail is amazing!
and i really love the 1st dress

xoxo

Joy said...

Wow! You're one creative lass :)
Have a great weekend!
Thanks for visiting my blog, btw.
Joy x

Kumiko Mae said...

everything abt this is lovely. :D lvoe the video

Joy said...

What a great post! Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way. Following you now :)
Joy xx

Rilakumaki said...

gosh you are soooo creative!!! great work AGAIN

Jonna said...

You are beatuful :) and you have a fancy clothes. It is possible that the field to write in English? If it is, but support for, or begin to read my blog? Preferably in response to my blog so I remember watch:)

http://jonnaaan.blogspot.com/

Jonna said...

You are beatuful :) and you have a fancy clothes. It is possible that the field to write in English? If it is, but support for, or begin to read my blog? Preferably in response to my blog so I remember watch:)

http://jonnaaan.blogspot.com/

Dagmara said...

Omg you are seriously talented! I LOVE the second item, I might even think about purchasing:). Keep up the great work and amazing blog.

xx Dagmara
Skippedbreakfast.blospot.com

Amy A said...

Hello! I saw that you commented about my tank featured on devorelebeaumonstre. I wanted to let you know that they are for sale online at http://4monthsatsea.bigcartel.com/

P.s. Amazing blog!

Jenna Lee said...

So many beautiful pictures! I love them all! Love that one shoulder grey dress!


Thank you for the sweet blog visit!

Brissa said...

ghetto?! that sewing machine looks incredible! you are ridiculously talented when it comes to sewing. i may be just a little jealous. :)

Nikki said...

Adorable tea party dress! My Mom has that same sewing machine ;)