Sunday, July 24, 2011

bright colors and gaudy vulgarity

I made this last night with a lot of twisting and pinning and Silk Screening!
I believe this is 53% cotton, and there's lycra and something else in the fabric.. if you can tell, the sleeves are not quite sewn in yet! How do you finish off a stretch fabric's neckline?

I promise this looks better in real life. okay, no.. my painting skills a little rusty!
This is my dad and I, he is (actually)abnormally young looking, and I didn't know how to paint him any older! 

I've been loving my July semester, even though I have a few sewing projects here and there, I am loving the 4-5 day weekends! Been loving the sun, and enjoy the night life of Toronto! Thus haven't been sleeping much, Now how's this to sleep in!

so I got a Paintlounge tee size Large and revamped it!

Tee to a Dress DIY.
                                                                          
1. find a tank top/ sleeveless dress and lay it on the tee as a template 
2. Cut the sleeves off at a 45 degree angle and gather it, (baste stitch and pull it tight together)-sew up the garment, right side to right side. attach/ ease the sleeves

3. TADA


Painting dad and I in my new dress:)
Woodbine beach with the ladies.


"I've got a streak of what you'd call cheapness. I don't know where I get it but it's - oh, things like this and bright colors and gaudy vulgarity. I seem to belong here. These people could appreciate me and take me for granted, and these men would fall in love with me and admire me, whereas the clever men I meet would just analyze me and tell me I'm this because of this or that because of that."   -the beautiful and the damned.
by beer bong I mean beer pong, did I mention I'm turning 19 in 4 days?!?!?!

here is the first Blouse I ever made (in fashion fabric), Polyester Chiffon, Mandarin Collar, Separate Placket, lace trimming and crystal buttons!
chiffon fabric and separate placket should never be in the same sentence.

ciao4now

19 comments:

RicAdeMus said...

I don't know what your dad looks like, but the "self" part of the portrait is great, very accurate. I used to love sitting in trees, so I'm sure I would enjoy sleeping there. =)

Dewanti Primayani said...

great painting ! :)
thanks for visiting my blog and left such lovely comment
want to follow each other? Let me know :)

Dee
Joie de Vivre

Kate L. said...

Great painting and I love the chiffon top which is very beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog and my birthday is on last Saturday.

Fashion Cat
www.firstlookbook.blogspot.com

style point said...

Hi!such a cool pics xxxxx

steph said...

aww i love your pics! you are too cute. AND YOU ARE SO TALENTED. seriously, if i tried to draw anything, it would look like a 3rd grader did it. lol.

love your blog, super cute!

xoxo, steph h.

Maycie Tsuchiya said...

A little rusty????!! You are an awesome artist. Wow. I have now words.

Rilakumaki said...

Id love to see more of those DIY posts! The diy shirt to dress was so cute! and the painting looks great as well!

Molto ❤ Fashion said...

That blouse you made is gorgeous! I love the twisted rope detailing.

Fabrizia said...

Hi! I like this post so much, you look really great!
If you want come and visit my blog, and if you like, follow me!I'll be waiting for you!

http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

Fabrizia said...

Hi! I like this post so much, you look really great!
If you want come and visit my blog, and if you like, follow me!I'll be waiting for you!

http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

YONi's style park said...

Oh my god. Kitty swim suit is really cute.

mazzy may said...

So creative! Wow, at the beach!

Emmett Katherine said...

That a great DIY turning the t-shirt into a dress. i cna't tell you how many times I'll pass on sweet t-shirts because they're baggy and oversize. i will have to remember this tutorial!

princessmicah said...

i love the butterfly top and wow, you painted yourself and your dad. cool!

Carly said...

I love that first dress - that is truly stunning.
xxx

songbird said...

love your creativity!!the dress is fab and so is the tee to dress!!

http://flysongbird.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/debi_songbird

Nikki said...

Love that blouse!

Louise said...

Wow I love that butterfly top xx

aiz kim said...

you could paint, you could make the nicest outfits...what else makes you so amazingly wonderful!?