Saturday, July 9, 2011

boom boom boom!



An amazing meal at Moxies, after a long day of school, sewing exam and apartment hunting. Got off the subway station to my lovely bf, sat on the patio- looked around and see the rest of the ppl on my subway relaxing at Moxies too haha! We watched Transformer afterwards. Not bad, the action stuff was a little redundant, how can guys be so entertained by hours of explosions !
I was also a little disappointed Megan Fox was MIA..

(bottom left, friends sporting ready-to-wear dresses by moi )

So I finally held my fashion sale, have SO MUCH clothes as you can see. Friend (sporting my straw hat) & I spent an entire day handing out flyers, sticking it to bus stops and washroom stalls.
armed with duck tape @ FMP.
Only a few people I didn't know show up, but it was a lot of fun! Bunch of old friends came and one of them started playing the piano and singing- live music!

An older woman came by and bought one shirt and returned with a whole POSSY of older women! It was amazing! haha but they only stared at the 14/15 year old girls changing in and out of XS outfits. I think they were reminiscing of when they were young haha.

If there are any MARKHAM reader, feel free to contact me if you want to drop by, as the clothing are still on sale (took so long to set up I don't want to take it down just yet!)
after a long tiring slaving away day, and acting like a sales associate, I hit up RIBFEST across the STREET! It's going on for one more day if your interested! My area is getting more and more convenient ;)


a splurge on an all natural fabric cotton dress from Florida; after studying about all the chemically enhanced and manufactured fabric in "Fabric Science" class, I've come to really appreciate cottons and linens!

ciao4now

p.s. almost finished making my ruffled lavender short shorts! Matches the Purple skirt I made!


33 comments:

RicAdeMus said...

They were reminiscing of when they were young AND when they were XS. ;P

audrey marie said...

love that new dress!! oh so cute

RDYN! said...

Omgosh delicious food, and great fashion! Living the life recently haven't you?

RicAdeMus said...

PS - I've never seen carrots cooked whole like that. How were they?

When I saw the post title, I thought about chickens jacking your style. ;P

heylila said...

looks yummy!!
and you look really pretty girl!

bisous,
mia

heylilahey.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

I am loving your pics!!

Radiant.MakeUp said...

gorgeous :)
loving this post!! x

Saving Capulet said...

aww I adore your outfits on this post! from relaxed to classy! <3 and you look mighty pretty!

a, said...

i wish i could have came! unfortunately i don't have a car (nor do i drive, don't even have written license lol *embarrassed*)

not sure if you sold a lot, but regardless, looked like you had fun! the group of older women sound kind of ..cute :/

Jane Alisa said...

Cute dress & that food looks amazing! xoxo

Lisa and Kirana said...

nice outfit!

thatmeltingcheese.blogspot.com

Pauliné said...

wow, you look amazing, love the pictures in here! love, P.

noura. said...

the food looks great and you are super cute

Rimi said...

thanks so much for commenting...i'd love for you to come back and follow!
http://anairofsurprise.blogspot.com/

Grace said...

Love your dress! it's so feminine and chic ;)
your blog is so adorable!
thanks for commenting on mine!

xo
http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

Aℓєχ said...

Cute dress ;)

jamie-lee said...

the idea of the fashion sale sounds pretty cool! Loving your new dress too x

Vilette said...

Your dress is soooooo beautiful!!!

http://archiveofmystyle.blogspot.com

► nkristina said...

i like the dress and i looove the food! ;)

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

Love all of these! x hivenn

suki pooki said...

Hey there! Sorry for the super late comment! I was actually ordering the shirt for a friend but she changed her mind last minute without telling me, for a while I was stuck inbetween you two hahaha

Omg I totally know what you mean about megan fox being mia in transformers 3!!! I honestly think she'd fit the role better than the new girl T_T besides, I miss her hotness hahaha

Madeline (Maddy) Routon said...

Cute outfits, love your blog :*

xo Maddy
http://madelinerouton.blogspot.com/

Louise said...

That food from moxies is making me hungry! and you look gorgeous in that dress xx

Stiene S. said...

Great post!
And beautiful photos :)
xx

Haute World said...

You all look fabulous and I adore that white dress on you! The crochet details are wonderful. Rib Fest sounds like my kind of thing by the way. I'm drooling just looking at those shots. Yum!

P.S. You can now also follow Haute World on Twitter @haute_world. Hope to see you there!

Krystal said...

you are so cool - i love that you are so creative and do all these things like this!

mirjam schuurkamp said...

Ah amazing photos:)
you Rock babe!
thanks for the amazing comment
so sweet

New outfit post-Your boyfriend gave me this tshirt
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

made-to-travel.com said...

Sounds great!!! Congrats on your success :D, glad you got to have some fun after.

Love your new purchase.

sara l said...

what a lovely blog! :)

Aki No Yuutsu said...

looks like you guys had a blast!!!

Dilan Dilir said...

your dress is amazing,love it:)

YONi's style park said...

Cute. ^^

2012fashionfencer said...

You're so talented! Wish I could make dresses like that! :)
x

Laura @ beautynotbull.com