Saturday, April 30, 2011

WO* MAN


Satin stained dress, some what reminds me of a Victorian lamp or curtain. Any who, this is the dress that I almost completed in my last post. tada!






after days of sewing, cutting and organizing, WO*MAN finally walked the runway of FAT! woo.

















The beautiful blonde Baby and all the brunette interns!
























it's been such an amazing experience to be apart of the Miller Monroe team and seeing some of the skirts that I helped sew walk across the stage!
I couldn't have asked for a better designer to work with, the creativity was just spewing all over and I got fed so well!
Wo*Man, a gender twisting menswear by Baby Steinberg and Louie J aka Miller Monroe. Will find more picture but the collection consisted of different themed skirts (golf, boho, red carpet..) and extravagant neck pieces and the jacket here and shirt there. I adore the idea of men in skirts, Wo-man as in "woolen", the woolen skirts that men from way back wore. It's funny how this concept is now seen as "avant-garde" when it's really de-evolutionary... revolutionary. hmm. Guys would think skirts is a "feminine" thing but there is nothing feminine about these skirts, they're so badass and sexy for a confident male. Plus I don't mind working with the twenty plus male models;)
the after party at vogue
picture with one the model from the campaign:)











































one week flew by, one more until school starts for the summer!
Thank God it's a sunny day today.

ciao4now♡

p.s. super yums lollipop cake courtesy of the bf

31 comments:

Yeraldin Morillo said...

i love your dress !
nice blog !
kiss darlin :)
my blog follow me :
http://modefemme.blogspot.com/

Radiant.MakeUp said...

gorgeous post :)
thanks for sharing!! x

Ruby And Siel said...

Waaw beautiful dress!
And great pictures :)

Peg said...

Stunning dress.

I bought the shoes in the end, they look even cuter in real life.

Peg x

mirjam schuurkamp! said...

thanks for the sweet comment!
and you look pretty dear
love the dress


i have a new outfit post, maybe you can check
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

RicAdeMus said...

When I started reading this, I was anti-male skirt. But then I thought about how many times I've had to answer the door with a towel wrapped around my waist--and that's almost a skirt. And then I remembered Braveheart. So what the heck, maybe it's time for the male skirt to return! =)

PS - Great dress, I love the fringe and way the bottom hangs.

Krystal said...

i looove the dress!!

vintage process said...

Amazing pictures!

joana said...

thiis is absolutely PERFECT

GretchTM said...

Your dress is amazing. Nice pictures!

Lucca Yoga said...

You are so gorgeous wearing that dress.

Sabrina T. said...

wowowwo..first i love the models:D and second i love your blog!!here there is a great mood..yellow is my favorite color!!!
Would you come and follow me dear??i'll do the same back..i'd be very happy if we follow each other..
kiss from Milan!i wait u!

Patchwork à Porter

Dilan Dilir said...

lovely dress!

jess said...

Great dress.

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I love your beautiful satin dress! You're so right! It takes a lot of confidence to wear a skirt and I admire guys who can pull it off! Those guys are so good-looking by the way, hehe :-) xoxoxoo

Jess said...

Yay! You went with the bottom that I liked!!!! Looks like you had a great time! :)

made-to-travel.com said...

Sounds like a wonderful time and a GREAT expereience :D and yay for the bf, they are so good some times!

audrey marie said...

what a lovely dress! i love all the photos!

Kaunou - Nu said...

hey girly! you said you had wanted to purchase the cheetah top? come back and leave your name and email address so we can talk about shipping!! =) Reread the post bc shipping is $3.99 for US and $5.99 for international. but you buy more items you only have to pay for one shipping. =)

cryskay said...

cute photos! love the color of your dress. you are so pretty. xx

Francesca R said...

I love that dress!
Xoxo
http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

Mira said...

Your derss is amazing <3

Alina F. said...

Gorgeous pictures!Congratulations!love your dress!xoxo

Lace n Coffee said...

Thanks for your comment.
Lovely blog.

Catherine said...

oh wow I TOTALLY love your dress <3 gorgeous girl xx

Sandra Leiva said...

Love the 1st picture!! <3

Kristin said...

That is SO COOL! You are doing so well - I am so happy for you - and that dress looks FAB! xoox

Sienna said...

cute pics! no i don't live in vancouver, i live in southern california but i'm moving to london in a couple months

2012fashionfencer said...

OMG you're so super freakin' sexy and gorgeous and talented and just awesome! Life envy!! :)
x

Laura
Beauty, Not Bullshit @ theblogofobsessivecoolness.blogspot.com

ChiccaStyle said...

WOW,lucky girl!!!Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Der Schöne & Das Biest said...

love ur blog its so interesting and inspiring :)
greetings martin&vanessa
http://derschoeneunddasbiest.blogspot.com/