Tuesday, April 26, 2011

immerse your soul in love


Been exploring some amazing middle eastern cuisines. Paramount is a super authentic place that looks legit from inside and out, they have the "paramount special" which is this super yums mango strawberry drinks with kiwi and nuts and Alex's Falafel (hwy7 E of main street Unionville) is this little hidden diner that looks a little run down but their food is just so delicious especially the side tabouleh! Recently I got my Blackberry stolen (well I'm pretty sure I dropped it by the viva bus station..) but you know what. Bad things are presents in disguise, as I got the coolest phone ever... Samsung galaxy! Can you believe the photo above is take by a little phone? Well now I'm converting once again, this time to the Androids dun dun dun.
Wanderlust is a showcase of Ryerson school of Fashion's second and third year student's designs. Enormously disappointed as the models look so bored and one of them was muttering profanity as she walks down the runway tripping on her dress. The artistic idea is there but the execution of the clothing is so badly tailored and all the models seem to be limping because they had to hold onto numbered paddles. Each dress was by a separate designer which I though was weird but there was definitely a few that were outstanding.


my very very final project for illustration, reason for a sleepless weekend.




Lace dress from Winner
Belt Bedo
Boots NineWest
Earrings Dynamite?



set to go for a picnic under the sun
(not before and after!)

I was super psyched to be handling this silky stained material -as stubborn as it is, I spent my Monday making this, do you think the first skirt style is better or the second? I keep thinking. silk. free flowing. but I am so tempted by the detailing of the second style... decisions decisions. I wish I could show you the back, I think that's the prettiest part but my mannequin is too fat and I only pinned the dress on.

love to have some feedbacks!
ciao4now

36 comments:

Martina said...

Wow, the dress looks much better now!:) Thanks for your super sweet comment on my blog;) Wanna follow each other?

www.dressandheels.blogspot.com

RDYN! said...

WOW WOWW. I love how you made before and after. I'm amazed by your work. Can't wait to see it all finished and you're wearing it!

Krystal said...

I love the first dress a LOT!!

collagevintage said...

Hi girl! thanks for stopp at my blog ;).

Love your dress you look stunning!

My city is Madrid (Spain), you should came sometime...
xx
S

Gorete Sousa said...

Great Post an blog!!!
lovely
visit my blog
xx

www.ilovenystyle.blogspot.com

Galia said...

amazing drees, and cute pics!! :)

www.madame-galiash.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Wow, you're so crafty with your dress renovations! Very cool.
So jealous of your new phone, haha.

Cindy
Style Soufflé

Nelah said...

You are so talented, the dress is all pretty.

Lisa said...

Wow the dress is amazing! Heart your nail color!

GretchTM said...

Sorry to hear about your phone, but you came out with a better one!! Your final illustrations are beautiful! You have some talent!

MizzJ said...

Definitely after! Before, it's cute, but kinda generic. Your extra detailing made it really unique! You have such talent girl :)

And yay for Android! I have the same phone too and love it.

Mileide Almeida said...

this is very cool!!

Jet♥ said...

wauw the dress and the illustration are gorgeaus!

Cat said...

Oh, I adore Middle Eastern food (yum!). You know what else I adore...your fox ring!!!! Wow :)

{and your blog...following!}

xx Cat brideblu

Jess said...

Love the second! You have been busy busy!

PS Lent is a religious practice... you have to give something up for 40 days before Easter. It's typically done in the Catholic faith, however I just needed an excuse to take a break!

RicAdeMus said...

Your project turned out great. Wonderful designs--and little girls could have so much fun playing with paper doll copies.

I love those bread puffs (whatever they're called) at Paramount. I've only had them a few times at places here in DC.

Roxy Heart said...

You make amazing things.
Your project is great! I've made a lot of those, but yours is amazing!
Want to follow each other?
http://fashuhneestah.com/

Ar-Ar Malalis said...

Talent! that's what you have! :))

Lucca Yoga said...

Between two dresses, I prefer that to the left. Simple and elegant.Both are beautiful.

www.luccayoga.blogspot.com

Sandra Leiva said...

Love your rings! <3

Nicole✗✗ said...

The food looks amazing and fantastic designs. I love the dress in the first pic!!

ARIO ACHDA said...

yes, everyone's said it. ur talented! hahaha

thx for visiting my bllog the other day. n that nu phone of urs, galaxy S? im drooling. im not a BB fan but i think i have to buy it anyway. >.<

ANN said...

I love what you did to the dress! It looks really unique :)

a, said...

your drawings are so cute! :) they remind me of those dress up dolls where you can customize clothes on them and such.

i have an android samsung galaxy too! i actually kind of hated how it would lag on me sometimes, but since removing a lot of apps it's been fine. :)

Jane Alisa said...

You are so talented. xoxo

Dilan Dilir said...

love your phone!

Stiene S. said...

I love the rings!
And the dress is so beautiful :o x

Sunny & Star said...

That dress looks amazing. Wow!

Plus I love your lace dress.

I don't remember the last time I saw something as cute as your fox ring. Amazing.

My Republic of Fashion said...

Gorgeous lace dress. Those rings are fantastic, also. :)SarahD

vintage process said...

Me encanta el anillo!

Sarah CHIC NEVERLAND said...

cool your new phone :) and the lace dres is great on you!

http://chicneverland.blogspot.com/

Mirror of Fashion said...

Great job!

whitney said...

Wow, love those sketches! Lovely photos.

http://wwhitney.blogspot.com/

Gertrude said...

Your new phones looks great! I think I prefer the second skirt style :) But both look lovely.

The Style Rawr said...

Such a pretty dress- love it!!

We're now following you- please follow us back! :)

T & J

www.thestylerawr.com

XoX

Jan said...

Wow your final project looks great to me!