Monday, February 28, 2011

Semain de *lecture:)

I've been seeing so many mini pancakes that I decided to make some of my own :)

c'est la vie. Reading week! semain de *lecture (thanks leslie for the correct phrase haha !:)
caught up with some movies:

Easy A (laugh out loud)
Rosemary's baby 1968(only watched it because dan humphrey and Blaire waldorf decided to)
Matilda (childhood book I read by ronald dahl)
127 hours (based on real story, not good!)
HOT&DELICIOUS dress
I was going to be spontaneous and jump on the train to Montreal, alone, but family and friends all contrived that I'll get robbed and kidnapped, etc. So instead I've been doing some sewing, reading Dead Tomorrow (which is so good, kinda dark.) and maybe build a snowman,( I even got the carrot nose and buttons ready!).

made the pokadot skirt below. After much debate of how to use the beautiful 100% silk fabric.
still need to insert zipper.
I was deathly ill last weekend (aka the long weekend!) and bf bought me this rose that bloomed ever so gracefully. It's still alive despite over a weeks allotment.
Spring is coming (ish)
so excited!

ciao4now

P.S. I've been meaning to share some foodie places:
a yummy restaurant on Spadina and Bloor street I went to for Winterlicious: It is exactly what the name suggest- Food served on a stone grill. Awesome atmosphere in a not too small not too big restaurant. It's cool watching your food cook but gets a little confusing for me as I was like "is my fish done?!" awesome concept though. Appetizers =meh, dessert YUM. Beware of splashing oil though.
Spent the day downtown with my parents and brother. Congratz to bro for getting a job finally for coop, had lovely brunch at Sutton Place Hotel in celebration, bro and I shopped (finally got a new jacket, at Jacob, such a steal! I'm starting to feel old when my favourite stores are Jacob and Club Monaco) and on Bloor street was some filming! -for a Xmas movie I presume as Santa Clauses were flaunting around, didn't recognize any actresses though. Oh how exciting Downtown is! Then a LCBO run with the family, we might take some wine/ cocktail course! The afternoon dt ended off at DUFFLET, an amazingly adorable floral, coffee and cake store. Super yum cappucinos.

happy hump day:)

p.p.s. check out 's giveaway

52 comments:

Leslie said...

Still wonderful you are!

Sweety, in French we say "Semaine de lecture" because "lire" is a verb :)

Lot of kisses

HitomiNeko said...

cool ~ i never built a snowman b4.. have fun! <3

xoxo hitomineko xoxo
*deco mirror giveaway*

RicAdeMus said...

After watching Rosemary's Baby, I understood a joke from That '70's Show--"Rosemary had a better baby than you!" I forget who said it to who, ubt now I know it was funny, mean, but funny.

That's a nice BF, reminding you you're loved when you're sick. A lovely rose for a lovely GF! =)

The first pic made me hungry.

Monroe Steele said...

how sweet. lovely photos

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Jess said...

mmmm those crepes look amazing! Sounds like a good weekend! :)

Martina G. said...

Wonderful! I really like your blog- its awesome! :) It would be great if you read my newest article - its about fashion and I want to know your opinion:)

www.dressandheels.blogspot.com

Aki No Yuutsu said...

Those polka dot skirts are soooo cute!

[Anna] said...

mmm crepes look delish. So sweet of your boyfriend to give you a rose! x

Laura Tenshi said...

Your family sure is persuasive. I am sure nothing bad would have happened to you if you jumped on that train to Montreal.
I am excited for spring too.

Sunny & Star said...

Love your pictures. You look adorable.

Jan said...

That pic made me hungry haha!
&Wow lucky you (:

Krystal said...

i LOVE crepes. we eat them for dinner way more than i'd like to admit, haha :)

febriani djunaedi said...

great post :) love all those pictures
http://cherrylemonadee.blogspot.com/

RicAdeMus said...

My wife found an easy way to give me a birthmonth--she's giving me a hug and a kiss every morning. Who could ask for anything better? It's what I get every day anyway, but that just shows how lucky I am! =)

Kristin said...

Loved catching up with you - loving those skirts (love the B & W) and your Love day shots are great too - You are such a talent - and such an inspiration - great posts as always ;) xo

My Republic of Fashion said...

Mmmm, those pancakes look delish! You are wearing a fantastic dress. :)SArahD

fhen said...

love the dress and skirt you made.
the food looks yummy too!
hope you're feeling better now

xoxo

Jet♥ said...

Thank you!
Hihi and when I see youre blog, I want to start with editing photos!
hihi

Saving Capulet said...

whooa the foody looks great and i love the dress on you <3 you look lovely super! and congrats to the bro for the new job!

MizzJ said...

Hehe aww I love those photos of you and the bf! So cute!

audrey marie said...

what a gorgeous blog! i love your dress

cryskay said...

cute photos! those pancakes look delish. xo

piapia said...

great post, great blog, dear! i love the dress, really fit on you :)

Ice Pandora said...

You so look almost the same as my friend!

Anywayzzz. I want to visit Dufflet D: their products looks nice!

xx

Meg said...

I love your style and pancakes too!Yummie!!!I follow u,follow me back,if u like,on http://themissidea.blogspot.com/!
xoxo

michelle_ said...

so loving that polkadot skirt !
it's cute but not cheesy !


thanks for stopping by at my blog !
glisters and blisters

aiz kim said...

i love love the work you've done in your shop..the handpainted shirt was AH-mazing!

Rebecca Clairine said...

cute polka skirt !
aw !
u look pretty :)

xoxo,
Rebecca
http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

Sarah CHIC NEVERLAND said...

you're very beautiful!! and I love all these pics!!!
kisses

http://chicneverland.blogspot.com/

Mimi said...

First of all, thank you for your really lovely comment! :) I was so happy. You're such a creative and pretty girl! I love your self-made clothes and I like your photos. I'll follow you :* Keep it going! ;)

eMiLy ChAnG said...

The skirt looks cute!

jamie-lee said...

You look so cute! and how good is 127 hours? I loved it!

Leslie said...

<3

Mira said...

Lovely pics!

I am starting to feel old as well.. ;(

mici said...

hyped you on lookbook! you look so sweet :)) <3
greetz *talkasia.de*

london loves said...

cute skirt!
xxx

Grazia Centrone said...

lovely photo and beautiful you!!!^_^
I like you fantastic blog!!!
I follow you, follow me if you can!!!;D

have a good day!
xoxo, Grazia.
http://the-closet-of-my-desires.blogspot.com

sbot said...

cute post!
www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

www.rosivintage.etsy.com

-Stephanie

Haute World said...

Oh, the polka dot skirts are adorable! You really should just hop on a train to wherever you want, regardless of what people say by the way!

Nadia Aboulhosn said...

omg this food looks amazing!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Wow, those pancakes look super delicious! And your boyfriend is so sweet for bringing you the rose! What a romantic! You're a lucky girl!

You should definitely get a dress to show off your tattoo :-) xxoxoo

Veronica said...

Yummy!!:))
Cool blog!
Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it! Thank you so much!
www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

jess said...

Great pictures!

Sabrina O. said...

That looks delicious! Love your skirt dear!
x

Lia Waroka Putri said...

the pancake looks so awesome! and that was so sweet of ur boyfriend =D

KK said...

the first pic made me hungryyy :D

Cindy, fashionsbeauty said...

I want some strawberries with pancakes, yum! xoxo

www.fashionsbeauty.com

Rand T said...

oh wow really love this!!:)
xx

katou said...

You are super cute love your pictures looks like you had a busy great day!!!!

http://insidekatouscloset.blogspot.com

TIFFANY thegirlwithafeather said...

Great photos! Those mini pancakes looks so good that I'm actually feeling hungry now!

Mumbles said...

Hi, really nice pictures
it seems you had a great time
I love those pancakes, they look delicious
and the polka dot skirt is pretty nice too, I love polka dots!

♥ Marley

Natascha said...

Really nice pictures (: