Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This Thanksgiving, I went away somewhere really far to go apple picking! With my boyfriend and his friends, it was a lot of fun but quite exhausting, all the green and yellow delicious seems to have been all plucked so we just got a bunch of red ones (which are my favourites anyway), quite pricey though -$16 for a bag, but the fun is worth it :) Reminds me of the good old days in elementary school going to the farm for a field trip!
dress: bluenotes
boots: Aldo
gloves: Escada
scarf: self knit
jacket: from mom

for thanksgiving dinner, I decided to roll up my sleeves and cook a mighty feast for my mom and brother. Dad's in LA -.-
made: autumn soup (pumpkin, carrots, celery, potato and onion)
baked potato with sour cream
french salad with pecans
Turkey (not one whole! just slices)
cranberry sauce (from dried ones -i improvised!)& gravy
Stuffing {kinda experimental... but turned out nice }
& last but not least
APPLE PIE!
met up with some friends for a birthday at Baton Rouge. Oh I love public holidays :)

Oh, did I mention I finally got accepted by George Brown!? I'm so excited! I actually had to go all the way to the office to find out -apparently the computers were down for improvements. I'll most likely be living in the city finally!

ciao4now
p.s. don't forget about my giveaway!!

13 comments:

dating diva said...

I love your outfit! Also I am dying to get some gloves like that ;)

xx,
Delilah

Nilcha's Fashion Chronicles said...

nice gloves.
seems like u had great day on thanksgiving. nice post!

Li said...

i really love happy pictures ... and you have some truly awesome accessories!

btw: it would be totally lovely if you can support my designs on talenthouse.com for nine west creative invite by voting via your facebook?
here is link to my post with details, thanks a bunch in advance, xx

http://scrapbook.unocosa.com/2010/10/nine-west-support-my-designs.html

Alice said...

Oh thank you so much! And yep, I'm a German!:) Such a lovely Blog you have here. Follow you! Follow me back?
xx, Alice :)

Kristina said...

the photos are nice. and aaw you are so cute! haha. your smile is so adorable! it makes me smile as well.

Daniela said...

Yummy scarf and boots - and dinner! Looks so good. lol I love that there's a tiny pumpkin for decor :)

GILBERT/GANDA said...

super love your escada gloves! they are just so pretty emily!
and yeah you know the jayesslee they are korean but they stay in australia! first time I watched their videos its like OMG they are so talented!

xx

Kym said...

apple picking sounds fun! i used to remember when i was younger, we used to go blueberry picking... it was tiring but fun! hehe! ;D way to go on your thanksgiving feast... i love holidays too, not just for the break we get but also for the meanings behind them. congrats on getting accepted by George Brown! :)

Krystal said...

such a cute outfit! i have a scarf that color and it's perfect for fall, isn't it?

Rita said...

Congratulations of being accepted :D
beautiful pictures, looks like you all had a lot of fun! Your outfit is amazing! That scarf is so gorgeous, and it's self knit! Amazing job, I am really impressed!
Following you :)

fashionatemybrains.blogspot.com

misscindee said...

omg hunnie, cute outfit. very autumn. hope you had a good *gobble gobble* day =P

LyddieGal said...

your apple picking outfit is so adorable! The green scarf with the red pleated gloves - I just love it!!

Chic on the Cheap

sharonlei said...

Wow! Apple picking.. how cute. :) Lookin' sweet as always girlie. Hope you are well.

xx Love & Aloha