Monday, May 31, 2010

SAY WHAT? PROM ♡ 2010

It really does feel like a dream, I can't believe my prom is over! Most people say prom is over-rated and they are left disappointed but I truly believe it was a very magical night, can't believe four years in high school just flew by! I will never forget the amazing friends I made and memories that will last a life time. I've been designing my prom dress for the longest time, I really wanted to do a huge poofy victorian/ barbie style gown but I realize I will look kind of stupid and it'll be RIDICULOUS to dance in. There were only two slow songs that whole night! I spent over 250 dollars on the fabric alone! and I started making this two months before prom.
we both made our own prom dress!
I'm not sure if you have heard of the scholarship you can get if you make your prom suit/dress entirely out of duck tape. When I first thought about it, I thought of a crappy grey jacket. But after going on the website, I am truly stunned!
After prom party at hilton hotel, such a nice room! at 3am we went out to mcd drive thru and there were 3 guys standing by the drive through menu, we asked them what they're doing and one of them was holding a flyer and a permanent marker, "I'm writing down my orders" except in Chinese. Turns out they're from Vancouver, around 30 years old and smoking out of a pipe. I couldn't help but crack up, we ended up ordering for them and in return they gave my bf some random old style cigarette!

The next day, ate breakfast at Sunset Grill and met up with everyone before heading to wasaga. SUCH a delicious all day breakfast place! yummm.

how was your prom day?

ciao4now

22 comments:

Lola Candy Hans Harder said...

It's really cool that you actually made your own prom dress! I remember buying mine an hour and a half before prom started haha.

.maitai said...

Dear lord girl! I am so shocked that you made your own prom dress!! That's so bad ass!! (>_<) lol. It looks AMAZING!

My date and I were thinking about doing duct tape outfits to prom for our junior year but then my date decided he was gonna drop out and get his GED so we ended up making it a "nice nice" prom. lol. I wish I had done it tho!!

bettybite said...

your dress came out AMAZZZINNNGGG!!
xxoo

MizzJ said...

Sigh of course they would be from Vancouver! LOL

Your dress looks amazing and love the color!! Congrats on grad!

ellinelle said...

..oh MY GOD ...girl , you look stunning ..love your dress , you look like princess ..and for me the prom and all time in school was the best time in my life ..there will be a lot more good things in life but the school will always be very special ..

Congrats ; )

tessatham said...

Hey love, you're SO talented <3 Love the dress!!!! My prom last year.. was pretty awesome. Great music, good food, and the best company. Glad to know you enjoyed yourself! xx

P.S Amazed at the duct tape outfits haha

annamargrete said...

I'm impressed - you are really talented. I really hope that designing clothes is something your going for in your life!! You look stunning, and so does all the others :)

http://annamargrete.wordpress.com

Pop Champagne said...

omg you made your dress?! that's awesome! I love the style and the giant bow in the back. You are sooo talented :D

Panda said...

Your such a beauty :-)
Love the outfit - you always look so amazing!
Panda xx

Sophie said...

you must have been the queen of the prom!♥

RicAdeMus said...

You did a great job on your dress. Some of your friends had nice dresses too (esp the red), but your's was the best. I'm glad you had a magical night--once-in-a-lifetime events should be like that.

PS - Thanks for your kindness!

dating diva said...

Love the dress!

xx,

Delilah

michelle_ said...

that's sooooo cool that you made you're own prom dress !! and its very pretty :)
you're very talented emma !

michelle @ glisters and blisters

kirstyb said...

your dress is gorgeous looks like you had fun x

coolboy said...

beautiful pictures i like it looks you guyts are soo pretty

Linda said...

great job on your dress!

AlvianaKalin said...

what a great prom!!
you guys must be having so much fun there!
is that ur bf? looking cute together..:)

xoxo,
Alviana

www.majormusthaves.com said...

I loved your dress!

ANN said...

You did an amazing job on your dress! it looks so store bought :)

Rogue said...

What a fantastic design, your illustrations are gorgeous and the dress is stunning! :) xx

Mélocy said...

I love your dress ! You are so beautiful

Classically Cool said...

gotta hand it to you, your prom dress was soo well made, it looks as if you had bought it! =) great job! you looked stunning!