Friday, April 23, 2010

scarf by day; dress by night

self made haltor (sewed on buttons and a denim heart patch)
scarf from fabric land
cardigan tristan and isaut?
AE jeans
Town Shoes heels
Tough belt
CHEAP CHEAP fabric ! woo. 3$ purple fabric; I sewed it shut on one side for a scarf (I wanted to make a circle one, my friend carrie inspired me ;) but i realize it was a bit too heavy [excesive fabric] . . .
I am clubbing at Embassy tonight! And as I have no cute clubbing clothes; I decided to make a dress out of the scarf that I wore this morning :) It's actually a pretty easy DIY! I made it a little loose at the top and just pinned the excess to my bra so it flows at the front :) And the belt is made by scunching up fabric for the flowers and a string to make designs, all sewn on a black wide elastic band.

ciao4now

p.s. OH man in international business I learned that the education system is SO SCARY in asia. It's so Interesting though; Like I always knew it was super tough; but a girl was talking about south Korea and how it was when she used to live there. Okay imagine waking up at 6:30 am. staying at school until MIDNIGHT and then bussing to a study centre to study some more. AND WEEE always complained about school, talk about cultural extremes. AND the cops in South Korea check that students are home at midnight so all the students at the study centre close the lights during midnight until the cops leave. It's like STUDYING is a crime! oh I love canada's education system now haha;

what are you up to this weekend ? =)

20 comments:

glitteryeyesxx said...

I wish I was as creative as you are in coming up with outfits for the night! You got mad skills, girl :)

The Owl's Closet said...

u are so clever! love it! have a great weekend!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

xo, Alexi said...

so cool!!! there was so much in this post that i don't even know where to start. 1) that's a really cool halter- i especially like the way you arranged the buttons. 2)that first picture about being barney/the hulk is hilarious! 3) i DON'T believe that that dress is an easy DIY!! you are talented beyond belief 4) yeah... asian education is INSANE!
5) i'm working working working my @ss off this weeknd. bleh!
http://steampunkdolls.blogspot.com

Star-Light said...

Very nice Idea with the Scarf!
The Belt is gorgeous!

ALEXA - ALEXANDRA said...

Comfortable nice outfit:) you look pretty, and you look like Brenda Song;
nothing new in weekend, watching tv...haha now that's my fav sport, lol

xoxo

coolboy said...

wow you looks awesome really cool

Vicki said...

Please do a post on how you edit your photos they always look amazing! :)
vicki xo

kumar said...

you looks very cute without being barney or hulk nice outfit

have a great day
http://movies-24.blogspot.com/

Nathalie Kartika Putri said...

heyy thanks for following me, i've followed you back
love your scarf soooo much
mind for exchange link?

XD nathalie
natzcracker

Anonymous said...

Very cute clubbing outfit. You should make me one one day:P

RicAdeMus said...

That is one dangerous dress! Wow. =)

kirstyb said...

love this post and loving your outfit xxxx

Vivian said...

it's so pretty!
i wish i could make that!

The Man from Amsterdam said...

Love your style, the pink dress is so summerish!

michelle_ said...

you're such a creative girl !
i edit my photos using photoshop :)

enjoy your upcoming week !
xoxo
glisters and blisters

Raquel said...

i prefer it as a scarf, love how you rocked it with those rolled up jeans!
x

Panda said...

Beautiful photos, girl, your stunning!
Oh, and thanks for the sweet comment, It made me smile :)
Panda xx

Heidi said...

Hi

I love your post - nice outfit.
Really nice pictures - looks really fine.
:-)

Sassy Chica said...

Gurl you are one sassy chica...you rocked it once again!!

Smooches,
Sassy Chica

Alan Li said...

Love the idea of the multiuse scarf dress thingy