Saturday, April 3, 2010

how to make flared out tank

SO it's super easy, really. This is basically the pattern I used.and I just cut some hole at the neckline for fun :P

From the same fabric as the dress I made, I created this top; largely inspired by Urban Behaviour's new spring collection. Originally I was going to crop it a lot shorter, but because of this heavy fabric, I thought it looks less tacky a bit longer. . .




what do you think :)?

SO (I just realized I use"SO" a lot lol!) last night I watched JUNO. It was cute in a way, Michael Cera is so fun to watch; love dorky guys! and i did end up loving juno, she's so blunt and defies the norm of a teenage girl. I really admire people who don't let their environment change who they are.

I feel like I really need to start doing something. I mean you always hear about 17 year olds that have their own company! or fighting for change. any suggestions? OR maybe I think i have a lot of time coz it's the long weekend and I actually have no time. . . but nonetheless I wanna make an impact on the world :)

My favourite quote "I feel that there is so much to do and fix and change in the world, and I wonder every day if I am making a difference and if I will ever express the greatness within me, or if I will remain forever paralyzed by muddled madness inside my head."

ciao4now♡

18 comments:

Laura Gerencser said...

Cool! Looks cute!

julianne. said...

i love it, your pictures are gorgeous! <3

Sonya said...

Cute outfit!!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

GILBERT GANDA said...

emily! ur DIY tops are really nice!

with nice pictures
btw, where are you from? singapore?

xoxo

Phuong said...

Very cute!

Meggstatus said...

This is adorable, and looks so easy!

* Leslie * said...

Always so pretty my sweety!
Lot of kisses!

GILBERT GANDA said...

hahahaha sorry sorry

btw, are you a fashion designer? since you made a lot of dress by yourselt :)

:D

CMA said...

cute, casual look
loving it, cute shoes!
thanks for sharing darling
and i appreciate your comments, it means the world!

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

ღ♥ CONFASHIONS FROM AMSTERDAM said...

Well done :D cute!

Alan Li said...

That is really nice! I'm considering trying that out, first I have to find a t-shirt, haha.

Oh no wonder you got into fashion week too :P

michelle_ said...

thanks for the DIY idea !
xoxo..
michelle || glisters and blisters

www.majormusthaves.com said...

So creative!

Panda said...

Great post, the pictures are lovely, and the outfit is gorgeous!
Panda.x
p.s - Thanks for the sweet sweet comment!

Imo said...

This is all too super cute! I love that tank :)

Pose~Prose~Voss said...

lovely ;)

Dorothy Souhuwat said...

luv ur style very much
visit mine and leave some comments..
http://fashionnista-dorothy.blogspot.com/
thx

Patty Ann said...

great job with the tank!!

AlphaBetaChic Blog