Monday, February 22, 2010

installation art.. and some

So in my art class; we had to do a transformation art piece; my three paintings that I created on canvas in the form of a dress(first three dresses from the left) was translated as a part of my "closet" composed of clothes/ dresses that I've created; I also built the clothing rack in woodworkshop(Verry WOBBLY but it held;) ). This was very much inspired by tracey emin's "MY BED" piece displayed in 1999 @ a NY Gallery. Her art included her bed, garbage can with used condom and crap to represent her depression- a total montage snapshot; mine is on a brighter more optimistic level; this represents my stage of life and how I'm striving to be a designer, and balancing out my life with art, friends&family(in the pictures) and music(piano sheets). When I presented this; I played "superwoman" by Alicia Key(she is so talented) representing strength and feminism! (Tracey Emin was also creates feminism art.)

I forgot to light the candle!

my process work
as promised; I uploaded my frilled lizard sketches that I talked about in the previous post; I accented it and the sketches like pop out! cool eh?
sweater: Jacob
scarf: HK
hair: curled with a straightener,
tossed with fructis leave in conditioner for curls :)
ciao4now♡

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty-full :)

Viva La Fashion said...

cool sketches. :D

Meggstatus said...

Your instillation is absolutely perfect, I love the textures and colors!

Emily Anne said...

Love it! And your blog is too cute! :)
Xoxo.

fadetoblack said...

loving the first picture and the sketches :)

Laura Gerencser said...

Love the hair!

CMA said...

loving the photos
so much fun!
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the sweet comments, love it!

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

B a la Moda said...

Nice exercise. That rack looks desirable. ;)

xoxo
B* a la Moda

Schnella said...

I love the pictures(:
xx

Nina said...

I can see the artist in YOU!

Nadiye said...

you are very talented :)

Lucy said...

hey lovely, thanks for the comment!
You are seriously talented, love the dresses and sketches :)

the girl in grey said...

Loving the presentation: very homey.
XO THE GIRL IN GREY

the girl in grey said...

(and thank you for your lovely comment)
XO THE GIRL IN GREY