Friday, January 22, 2010

ah!! spark of innovation much?

So
I was browsing on Polyvore.com and I saw the cutest AlexanderWang shirt:

the concept is so adorable; but it was a $525 shirt.
little poor me can not afford something like that.
the shirt is redesigned from a collar blouse
so I went to my mom's old collar shirt/blazer, and look at how cutee it turned out!!
It's easily done by tying the sleeves to either the front or back.
after & before
& it is my bro's bday in 3 hours! I made him a shirt; changed it into a V-neck, added a chain, sewed patch letters and wrote in the "card" on the back:) hope he loves it! happy bday bro; 1 9 !so i was SUPER duper excited to upload this post; hope you guys enjoyed it=) you won't be hearing from me in a while because i will be burried in books till I'm done my exams!

ciao4now

9 comments:

Bug said...

This is really cool! I love the versatility! I might re-blog this and no worries - I will give you credit :)

You look really cute in your jacket shirt.

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Velire said...

omg how did you do that??! the top..its like wow..ok im still kinda trying to figure it out but I don't think I can pull it off, like you did. Hehehe.

happy birthday to your dear brother. Your "card" is adorable! :D now that is what i consider, "unique". :)

TheFashionAve said...

WOW great idea! :)
I gotta post about ur DIY and Wang's cute shirt! :)

Evelyn Mak said...

WHAT I've always wondered how people do that after http://lookbook.nu/look/153281-Some-lost-love-you-can-never-leave and I've tried but it's failed ... :( I will try again.

Pia said...

OMG. that is genius! i personally tried on that alexander wang shirt in the store just for fun... and it just didnt fit right on me.

your mom's jacket looks like it fits you like a glove :)

Sarah (Buzz) said...

love your twist on the alexander wang shirt...so cute

http://thebuzzonfashion.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

Wow, great job on the DIY Alexander Wang shirt. You are so creative! xoxo


www.FashionSnag.com

fadetoblack said...

wow im in DIY heaven.... love it :)

PetiteAsianGirl said...

omigosh! That's so creative what you did for your bro ... he's so lucky to have a sis like you. My lil brother is the same age and I just send him a boring box of H&M for his bdays : )