Monday, December 28, 2009

almost snow day

i just read
http://xiaxue.blogspot.com/2009/12/love-story.html
oh it's so cute. basically a guy in the USA stumbled across a page of a girl in Singapore. and he felt the URGE to have her. and it all unfolds so fairytale like. they're engaged!

I can't wait for my "love story"!! Lol; i'm such a hopeless romantist.
but then again, i'm in a weird way a feminist, I mean You can call coco chanel a feminist right? and she's such an inspiration. Never married yet has two men falling head over heels for her. She had a men willing to pay for anything she wants for the rest of her life, but instead of saying OUI she goes off working and creating her own business! I am most definitely inlove with fashion, and all I want is to make an imprint in the world (I have so much motivation bottled up in me and I am so ambitious.. I can NEVER settle for a rich guy and be a housewife you know? ) and I want to make a difference in what I truly believe in(which is a lot for those who know me)... but it would definitely be a plus if i had a guy i was inlove with as well^^
I can't say I know exactly what i want
I mean I'm only 17! values always change right?
it'd be fun to read back on this when I'm like 25.

so I've been talking about blazers for a while...
my mom gave me her Giordano blazer.
I paired it with a jean machine "foxy" top.
jean machine jeans (back from when I was grade9, it really is worth paying a bit more for something that you will wear for a long time ;)
Aldo Shoes
&Yellow scarff!
+vintage strap purse.

red channel nail polish & 2.99 Shopper's green nail polish.

brrr!
it was such a cold day. spent day shopping away at fabric land and havng warming pho noodles with my friendsies ;) I finally finished my Ryerson portfolio! just gotta get my two reference letter and OUAC number ( SHOOT i lost it : ( !) it's all so exciting, I'm applying to fashion design but after doing research on some of my favourite Canadian designers, I realized a lot of them were from the fashion COMMUNICATION of ryerson... ah! And my friend whose in the program now said it's SO intense. Up till 6 am doing hwk/ studying and then commuting to school at 7 am. but you know what? I'm am so excited to LEARN every aspect of fashion and do it. I gave up a night of clubbing at Circa to finish my Portfolio but then again I have this FOBIA of not finishing things. Like I can't be ripped away from essay/ project/ assignments once I've started it.


anyways, then I movied at silver city. "Alvin the Chipmunk" So adorable! three 17 year olds surounded by 7 year olds. oh we are 7 year olds at heart LOL. Then snuck into "Invictus". It's mainly about believing in a dream, Nelson Mendela and South African's Rugby team going to World Cup. "I am the captain of my soul" there were quite a few really deep quotes. The poem that was the inspiration even when Mandela was imprisoned for 30 years:

Invictus
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

- William Ernest Henley


Oh and my friend really liked the quote

"if one doesn't change them selves, the world will not follow"
being an example is the best inspiration.

hope y'all are enjoy your holiday

ciao4now♡

4 comments:

Carrie said...

emily!! lol
isn't the portfolio due on feb 1st?!
how come ur done already?! or am i wrong?! now i'm totally scared! please clarify my confused thoughts when u see this! lol!!

Evelyn Mak said...

i love the blazer!

and your photoshoot looks cold but great :)
aha so many people like it!

myedit said...

Good luck with the portfolio application.
I graduated from Fashion Design at Ryerson a few years ago. From what I saw (maybe biased but not too bad because I had friends in Communication and Design as I spent the first year enrolled as a Communication student) Design is more work... The sheer volume of hours can be overwhelming... Design is great but you have to be level headed. A lot of the jobs available after graduation are computer jobs as technical designers...not too glamourous. Communications I think has more jobs available in different creative fields. But if you want to be a designer than take design and work your ass off...Hope this helps?

Sonya said...

Cute outfit! Good luck with your application, too! I wish my school (university of florida) had SOME type of fashion major, but unfortunately they don't. So right now I am majoring in graphic design (subject to change) and hopefully in grad school I can do something more with fashion!